Prescription Discount Card Program
The City of Altoona, in collaboration with the National League of Cities, is now offering its residents a free prescription discount card. The card is free to all Altoona residents, regardless of age, income, or existing health insurance. However, please note, this is not an insurance card.
By using this discount card, on average, insured and non-insured residents can save up to 24% for each prescription, which can also be applied toward a deduction in co-pays and will apply to certain pet prescriptions. This discount card cannot be used in addition to Medicare D.
To discover the savings and learn more about the program, print a discount card, check prescription prices, and locate participating pharmacies, please go to http://info.caremark.com/nlc
or call toll-free at 1-888-620-1749.
Residents may also pick up a discount card at the following locations:
• Altoona City Hall, Office of the Mayor, 1301 12th Street, Suite 200 and City Manager/City Clerk’s Office, Suite 100.
• Altoona Area Public Library, 1600 5th Avenue.
• Blair Senior Services Inc., 1320 12th Avenue.
All pharmacies in Altoona, and surrounding Blair County, have the opportunity to participate. Here are some of the participating locations:
• Thompson Pharmacy, 1118 12th Street.
• Rite Aid Pharmacy, 600 Chestnut Avenue.
• University Orthopedic Center, 1505 9th Avenue.
• Weis Pharmacy, 601 Pleasant Valley Boulevard.
• Walgreens, 508 E. Plank Road.
• Martin’s Pharmacy, 1000 Logan Boulevard, Suite 108.
*This is not insurance. Discounts are only available at participating pharmacies. The Prescription Discount Card is operated by CVS Caremark®. By using this card, participants agree to pay the entire prescription cost less any applicable discount. Savings may vary by drug and pharmacy.