We welcome any schools, community or civic organizations to assist the City of Altoona in the beautification and cleanup of its streets through the efforts of the group’s membership.
When a group wishes to assist the City, contact should be made to the Department of Public Works at 949-2447. We will meet with the group and draw up an agreement. A sign will be put up with the group name once the agreement is signed.
The City will attempt to accommodate special requests for particular streets, but if no specific area is requested or the one requested is unavailable, an alternative area will be assigned.
- Minimum requirement of clean up twice a year (Spring and Fall).
- A point of contact person should be designated with telephone
numbers left with the Department of Public Works.
- A specific date and time frame should be determined.
- The number of volunteers participating should be determined.
- The area to be cleaned up should be agreed upon.
Arrangements will be made to have safety vests, safety signs, garbage bags and gloves available for the clean up effort. Safety is of the utmost importance! The Department of Public Works will arrange for the Highway Crews to pick up the bags of garbage and refuse after the clean up effort.
And questions or suggestions may be directed to the Department of Public Works at